Friday, October 3, 2008

My Oregon

I live in the western part of Oregon where it is lush and green year round. I can go one hundred miles west and be at the seashore....or I can go about sixty miles east and be on the edge of desert country! If I keep going I will be in central Oregon which is desert with beautiful formations. Below are some pictures from our beautiful central Oregon taken from from an ultra light.

Enjoy!! (consider this almost Wordless Wednesday--only it is Friday)

Balloons over Bend, Oregon.

North Twin Lake near Lapine, Oregon

Smith Rock near Redmond, Oregon

Mt. Bachelor near Bend, Oregon

Mt. Bachelor near Bend, Oregon summer

Mt. Jefferson near Sisters and Madras, Oregon

Lava Butte near Bend, Oregon

Alkali Lake near Christmas Valley, Oregon

Alvord Desert near Steen Mtn...Oregon

Painted Hills, near Mitchell, Oregon

Paulina and East Lakes near Lapine, Oregon

Fort Rock

Wild Horses near Alvord Desert, Oregon


Doesn't this just make you want to break out singing,
"How Great Thou Art"

8 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! It's beautiful! So different from N.C.!

sister sheri said...

Joan - that was so sweet to post those photos just for me! You knew I needed a good reason to stay here in Oregon... considering you didn't have a photo of Portland in the rain!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

WoW!!! Absolutely stunning pictures!!!

**I'm off to pack! ^.^

Margie said...

WOW Joan those are gorgous pictures of Oregon!! What a beautiful place!

Ruthie said...

I really enjoyed your photos! It definately does make you want to sing How Great Thou Art! The Lord has created a beautiful world for us to enjoy.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs.

Kim said...

Sigh...I'm so glad I live here too! God sure does make some breathtaking things. Beautiful photos, Joan!

Amy said...

Unbelievable beauty!!! Thank you so much for sharing these breathtaking scenes.
Amy

Tanya Siekman said...

Oh so beautiful! What a wonderful place to live.

Did I ever tell you that I was born in Tacoma, Washington?

Tanya