Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oregon's Columbia River Gorge

Some pictures from last week's trip up the gorge to enjoy the beautiful sights along our lovely Columbia River.

Here's Sophie, the Yorkie, looking around from some type of harness her 'mom' wears.

Grandson Elliot who declined my offer of a haircut very vehemently!!
Molly, looking a little windblown in front of Multnomah Falls.







High up on the old Columbia River Highway, sits the Vista House, from which the next few pictures were taken.

The far background in these pictures is the state of Washington
which borders the Columbia River on the north side!

Hope you enjoyed a few pictures from our beautiful Oregon!!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

They're beautiful pictures! I love the Columbia River, though my point of reference in Eastern WA. No matter, it cuts a powerful swath and marks the landscape as if placed intentionally there by God's own hand.

I like Elliot's hair, too! He and my 14 yr old grandsons Kelly & Erik would be fast friends. It's "stylin"!

Kathleen

Ruthie said...

Spectacular scenery pictures! I love the one of the bridge in the distance. Glad you had such a nice trip. And it's so nice to have you back to blogging again. :)
Hugs,
Your "cyber friend", Ruthie

Kim said...

I'm glad to see you're blogging again! No, your comment on my blog certainly did NOT offend me. :D

The Gorge has to be seen to be truly appreciated, I think. It's one of my favorite Portland area sights! When my kids were just tiny (2 and 3 years), we all hiked to the top of Multnomah falls, the kids doing it the whole way by themselves! Fun memories.

Technonana said...

Great Pictures!! Great looking children!! Did I tell you how pleased I am you are back?

Ruthie said...

Hi again. Please stop by for my Blogoversary post.
Hugs.